Open House at my school takes place before the first day of school. We’ve read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline this summer, and I’ve been reading Innovator’s Mindset by George Couros. I want to make Open House interesting and fun, so I’m challenging my students this year: go on a photo scavenger hunt and send me the pics. I want to get to know my students, and I want to gamify the experience. Let’s play!
To win your choice of five amazing books, be one of the first to complete this photo scavenger hunt. Can you
- Take a selfie with our assistant principal
- Take a “shelfie” with your favorite read from this summer
- Take a selfie with your best friend
- Take a selfie with your favorite teacher from last year
- Make a snapchat story in my classroom that includes one thing you wonder about. (if you don’t have snapchat, just take a pic and include what you wonder in the email)
Send the completed 5 pics to firstname.lastname@example.org. All 5 photos must be together to win. Consider finding an app or site to combine your photos and sending me a link to them.
Can’t wait to meet you at Open House! Let the games begin…
Added bonus: see how Ready Player One and Pokemon Go are connected: The Motley Fool